Safe use of the bath is provided by the drain-overflow complex (another name is strapping). About the fact that this system is, the rules of choice, options, materials and methods of connection, read our material.
What kind of system - overflow-overflow?
This is a single design consisting of interconnected connections. She is serves to protect against the overflow of water over the edge of the bath during filling and provides a quick reset after completion of procedures.
We list the necessary parts of the device:
- Drain connector. Located in the bottom of the bath, is a compound of a chrome-plated funnel, catching coarse contaminants, and a segment of an expanding pipe with a built-in nut. Steel screw fastens the elements, rubber seal protects against leakage. This part is used to collect and drain water.
- Overflow opening. Located in the wall of the tank, has a similar design, is connected by means of a lateral drainage system. With its help the level of liquid in the bath is controlled.
- Siphon is an arc-shaped device that blocks odors from sewage. It is connected with a corrugated liner overflow (excess water flows in), the transition from it to the sewage system passes through an additional branch pipe, which allows the bath to be emptied.
How to choose? Options
The buyer first pays attention to the appearance of the product. However, it is necessary to take into account a number of nuances:
- Pay attention to the manufacturer, how well known and popular it is, look at the reviews on its products.
- Evaluate your financial capabilities. The classic version (plastic model) is more affordable, expensive copies are semi-automatic and automatic.
- Ensure that your bath is compatible with the new equipment, the different diameters of the pipes are connected using adapters.
- If additional features are needed (for example, a siphon can have several connections through which different plumbing is connected), make sure they are available.
- A complete set of equipment, in addition to the system itself, contains the required number of connecting rings and gaskets.
- The external elements through which water passes retain their design, strength and resistance to oxides, if made of stainless steel.
Industry uses three types of raw materials resistant to corrosion, hot liquids, alkaline, acidic agents:
- Ferrous metals are resistant to external factors, the duration of operation, were common in the past century, but are now giving way to modern materials.
- Plastic constructions are distinguished by low cost, universal sizes (suitable for non-standard baths). Other advantages are ease of assembly, light weight and no deformation when in contact with water.
- Non-ferrous metals have the longest service life, increased strength, attractive design. If the device is cleaned regularly, it can work for several decades.
The raw materials used must comply with the parameters:
- ferrous metals have no defects (dents, cracks, etc.);
- high-quality plastic is determined by the dense shell;
- non-ferrous metal is characterized by a smooth surface on which there is no damage.
There are three types of devices in stores:
- classical binding;
The most simple and affordable option does not involve moving parts. The liquid begins to accumulate after the closure of the plug or goes down the drain when the plug is opened.
Made the process of bathing easy and simple. This device is more complex than the standard strapping, and contains the following elements:
- control lever - provides closure and opening of the plug;
- shut-off valve - depending on its position, the liquid enters the reservoir or leaves;
- overlapping rod - adjusts the position of the system.
The control unit may have a different appearance (key, knob, swivel part, etc.). is he is activated by pressing or turning, then the cable moves, which acts on the valve, facilitating its opening or closing.
On a note! The stem can be both inside and outside the nozzle (pipe). The first method is distinguished by the complexity of the repair, however, will provide an attractive appearance of the model.
- convenient to manage the drain (do not wet hands);
- stylish design of the structure (the overflow hole is hidden behind the control module).
The disadvantages are the complexity of the assembly, due to which individual components (for example, a cable) can fail over time.
Such equipment consists of a key-valve. Management takes place in 2 steps:
- After the first pressing of the button in the valve, the spring is activated, lowers it, thereby closing the drain hole. Built-in latch ensures fluid intake.
- Repeated exposure activates draining.
- it is convenient to carry out switching of the foot;
- minimum dimensions of the device;
- the keys have a diverse design;
- flooding is excluded due to the filling of the bath through the upper entrance (water stops flowing in case of excess).
The disadvantages of the option are the high cost, complexity of installation (professional skills are required) and key replacements, relatively fast spring wear.
Installation methods are identical for all varieties, with one amendment: automatic (preferably semi-automatic) devices are best left to an experienced master. This is necessary to preserve the warranty on the goods.
Important! Read the instructions for the product and follow the specified sequence of actions to avoid possible errors.
- if old equipment is installed, dismantle it;
- on both sides of the bath we remove dirt, rust, etc., if necessary, clean the section of pipe leading to the sewer;
- We equip the supply pipe to the drain hole and the drainage adapter with nuts (the thread is facing the joint joint), we put on tapered gaskets (their narrow side is turned towards the joint) and dock with the siphon;
- the mentioned parts are tightly fixed to the siphon cap nuts;
- on top of the drain parts, in a special recess, place the gasket;
- the drain connector, the upper part to the underside of the tank, is installed in the drain hole, taking into account the desired location of the pipe segment to be connected to the overflow pipe;
- bath drain on top seal ring, then lay the grid and fix the screw (it is screwed into the nut inside the neck);
- the second side of the adapter is equipped with a nut, thread to the outside, and a conical gasket; it is connected to the sewer pipe with a corrugated cable (the latter is purchased separately);
- place the gasket in the upper part of the overflow pipe, inside the union nut, then connect it with the overflow connector;
- in the identical way the specified branch pipe is combined with a drain aperture pipe;
- the rubber gasket is placed on the overflow part, which we press to the overflow of the container from the outside;
- overfill is equipped with a grille, fasten with a screw (screwed into the neck nut).
Important! We led the general scheme of installation, in some cases there may be differences.
The stores feature products of both domestic and foreign firms. We recommend choosing a product, the manufacturer of which has international quality certificates. List of reliable manufacturers:
- Geberit, a Swiss brand, produces plumbing systems at average market prices, in a wide range. Raw materials used: plastic, brass, copper, chrome steel. Swiss companies are known for the quality of their products, reliability and long service life.
- Kaiser uses bronze and chrome steel. It is worth paying attention to its systems in situations when a siphon of non-standard dimensions is required (for deep bowls).
- Viega - products are characterized by a variety of design, affordable. Plastic, bronze, brass, stainless steel are used in production.
- Hansgrohe manufactures designs based on polymer, steel, and their combinations.
- WasserKraft uses both white and black plastic, steel, bronze and combines raw materials.
- The Czech company Alcaplast produces simple and reliable devices, the largest supplier of Eastern Europe.
- The French firm Jacob Delafon specializes in plastic plumbing and combinations with other materials. In our country, its products are in demand due to the quality, ease of installation and operation.
- The Russian manufacturer "Triton" performs plastic products and mixed raw materials. Models are distinguished by reasonable price in combination with rather reliable characteristics.
Use our information, and the choice of a drain-overflow system will not pose any difficulty. There are only three of its modifications: manual, semi-automatic and automatic modes. Focusing on the best manufacturers, you make a quality purchase that will last for many years. Installation of a simple scheme can be carried out independently, but we advise you to entrust complicated installation to specialists.