In each house there is a plumber, including a toilet. In order for the product not to lose its attractive appearance, serve for many years, it requires regular, thorough care. Every good housewife knows about it and tries to keep clean plumbing.
But what to do if on the surface of the toilet began to accumulate a raid of limestone? This problem is unpleasant, but you can cope with it. Let's look at how there are ways to combat limestone deposits, which began to accumulate on a new plumbing or got you "inherited" from the previous owners of the apartment.
Causes of plaque in the toilet
Before you begin to solve a problem, you need to find out the cause of its occurrence. So you can avoid the reappearance of lime scale.
What is a limestone? Plaque is a deposit of limestone and other minerals found in tap water. These substances are contained in the water of open reservoirs, and in the past multi-stage purification. It turns out that the more often you drain the water, the faster an unpleasant plaque will accumulate on the plumbing walls.
If you do not remove lime deposits in a timely manner, this can lead to a break in the toilet bowl. Indeed, over time, the buildup accumulates, begins to penetrate into the functional holes of plumbing. This leads to disruption of the normal operation of the product and its failure.
In addition, bacteria appear on the toilet, mold, fungus. This represents a threat to the health of all households. Therefore, it is required to clean the plumbing equipment in time, to remove the already formed plaque.
In addition to lime deposits, a urinary stone may appear on the plumbing walls. It speaks of inaccuracy - households are lazy to drain water after each visit to the bathroom. Therefore, drops of urine accumulate on the surface of the plumbing. At first, they form ugly stains, and if they are not removed in time, a urinary stone will appear.
Attention! If your toilet has a rough surface, you should think about purchasing a new plumbing, because on such a coating, urinary stone and lime deposits accumulate faster.
How to remove limescale
To cope with the resulting pollution can be both store and folk remedies. To choose the right cleaning agent, it is important to know what they are. In total, there are three varieties:
- Abrasive powders. With the help of powder, you can take care not only of the toilet, but also of the water tank. The main thing is to remember: abrasive particles are capable of leaving small scratches on the surface of the product. Because of this, the raid can accumulate faster. Therefore, after cleaning, you should thoroughly wash the plumbing with running water.
- Alkaline substances. They are completely safe for plumbing, gently remove dirt and do not have a strong smell. In addition to the caring effect, they disinfect the toilet.
- Acidic. These are the most effective substances able to cope even with a strong lime scale. When using this option, you should prepare gloves, respiratory mask, glasses.
On sale there is a wide range of products designed specifically for the care of plumbing. Their advantage is that in addition to cleaning the product, they disinfect and leave a pleasant smell.
Especially popular among housewives are the following tools:
- Silit. It has a thick, soft consistency, so it is consumed very economically. Hydrochloric acid is present in the composition of the product, therefore “Silit” removes well even old pollution. But you need to work with him only in gloves.
- "Toilet duckling". The tool also contains hydrochloric acid. Perfectly removes plaque and urinary stone. In addition, it is convenient to apply thanks to a specially curved spout.
- Domestos. It has a thick texture, and therefore consumed economically. It contains acid, so it copes well with bloom.
- Comet. Contains sulfuric acid, therefore, requires proper use. It is advisable to wear gloves, a respirator. "Comet" is able to cope even with old sediments.
- "Sanita". One of the most inexpensive drugs. But this does not affect the quality of cleaning surfaces. Substance removes dirt from any surface: acrylic, tile, porcelain.
Reference! To not only get rid of the raid, but also to prevent its formation, purchase special pills for the cistern. They not only take care of plumbing and prevent the appearance of deposits, but also disinfect and give a pleasant aroma.
Each hostess boasts its own way of dealing with dirt and dirt. After all, it does not require the purchase of special tools - everything can be found at home:
- Coca-Cola. Unusual use of the famous carbonated drink. But any hostess will tell you that Coca-Cola copes with cleaning the toilet. To remove lime deposits from plumbing, you should pour soda water under the bezel plumbing and leave for an hour. Then you just need to wipe the surface with a soft cloth and rinse with running water.
- Table vinegar. It is necessary to preheat the solution and add one tablespoon of baking soda to it. The composition should be carefully applied to the limestone accumulation sites and left for 6-9 hours, then rinse the product.
- Lemon acid. One of the most common ways, because it is easy to use. Powder should be poured on dirt stains to leave for 2-3 hours.
Cardinal cleaning methods
To remove old pollution you will need "heavy artillery":
- Orthophosphoric acid. The substance removes old ingrained deposits, removes rust from the inner surface of the tank and the drain mechanism. At the same time it is safe for the human body.
- Hydrochloric acid. Strong substance, so they need to use carefully - wear gloves, glasses, a respirator. It is enough to wipe the plumbing surface with a sponge dipped in a solution to dissolve and remove contamination. Means cannot be used if plastic pipes are brought to the plumber.
- Electrolyte. Can be purchased at any auto shop. Extremely caustic substance, therefore, requires compliance with safety regulations. Removes the most severe contamination, but cannot be used regularly.
How to prevent the formation of limescale
Of course, removing pollution is quite simple. But even easier - to prevent their occurrence. Therefore, the following guidelines should be followed:
- It should be cleaned regularly toilet. It is advisable to do this once a week.
- After use, drain the water and use a brush.
- Put special pills in the tank.
- Wipe the toilet seat and the surface with a damp cloth.
With the help of special tools you can remove even the oldest pollution. But it is much easier not to think about it, not to waste time, but to maintain the cleanliness of plumbing, conducting regular cleaning.