Anyone trying to make the bathroom comfortable. In order that the feeling of comfort did not disappear with time, periodically it is necessary to carry out repair work. If the repair is accompanied by a change of plumbing - this is ideal. Technological progress is leaps and bounds, and the once popular cast-iron bathtubs can already be exchanged for more beautiful, comfortable and modern.
Preparation for installation
Even if you know exactly which bath you want to purchase, do not make this purchase until the bathroom is ready.
The first thing you need to decide where it will stand. Although traditionally the bath is placed near the wall, many people prefer to place it in the center of the room.
If you plan to simultaneously carry out repairs in the entire room, then it is better to lay the tiles on the walls after installing the bathtub. This way you can thoroughly repair all the gaps.
Naturally, it is necessary to get rid of the old design. If it is steel or acrylic, then there will be no difficulties, but you will have to tinker with cast iron. Her weight does not allow it to do it alone, but you can handle dismantling.
Attention! Check the entire sewer system without fail. Repair leaks, replace leaking pipes. If the taps are loose, tighten them.
If you miss this point and install new plumbing, you will have problems when water leaks begin.
At the preparatory stage, connect all communications. Install the tee, fit the siphon, all pipes.
Siphon group assembly
Valves not included. It must be purchased separately. It is divided into two groups:
Collapsible have many connections on the thread. It is like a plastic constructor. Bends have a rectangular shape. The second version of the siphon is made in the form of a bent pipe. Its bends are smooth, there are no joints. And although the non-separable siphon looks trite, it has its advantages. The fewer connections there are, the fewer opportunities for water leakage. Since the bend is smooth, it does not interfere with the flow of water, the water drains much faster and is less likely that clogging will occur.
Siphon is not necessary for the exhibition. Nobody sees him anyway. Therefore, it is better to take exactly the whole option. The entire assembly will be to screw the overflow system.
DIY bathtub installation
The installation of the bath is more convenient to carry out with a partner. There is no difference what material it is made of - it is a rather large-sized item, and it’s very difficult for one person to install it. For installation, you must have:
- construction level and rule;
- a mallet;
- Adjustable wrench - required to set the legs.
The steel bath is very light. This allows you to effortlessly lift it, turn it over, transport it. In fact, even a partner is not required. But with him it will be more convenient and reliable. But just installing it will not work. Confidently and firmly hold it will not be because of its low weight.
The steel bath must be secured on three sides. On the fourth side is a strong support. In the future, it is quite possible to decorate the facing brick or other material. A structure installed in this way will have a good foundation.
Often complete with a steel product has legs. They need to set the height. The supports in this case will also be small.
When installing, you must adhere to the algorithm:
- The bath should be turned upside down. It is necessary to put a gasket under it.
- Mark the places where the supports will be installed. One of the pores should be installed near the drain hole. The second is on the opposite side.
- Supports are installed and pressed.
- Screw end caps that are included.
- Bath should be returned to its original position, put in the designated place on the legs. Adjust their height. It should be borne in mind that the design should have some bias to facilitate the discharge of water.
- Next, you should connect the sewer system and seal the connection points.
- The gaps are closed with foam.
- The brick support is laid out.
- The brick is decorated with decoration.
If you managed to collect all right, then this bath will delight you for a long time. It will be stable and not subject to deformation.
The main advantage of the acrylic bath is its low weight. It is smaller than steel. It is easy to install, even if there is no partner.
But low weight makes it necessary to install the structure on the frame to ensure its stability.
There are options for sale, the kit of which already includes a frame specially developed for this model, as well as all the necessary elements. Different manufacturers have different equipment. It is important not to forget to clarify this question with the seller.
Reference! Acrylic bathtubs have various configurations.
This is very convenient, as it allows you to make the choice for the most sophisticated taste, as well as optimally use the space in the room.
But this convenience can turn into a disadvantage. The more unusual and complex the shape, the more difficult it is to assemble. The difficulty will lie precisely in the manufacture of the frame, which will be able to repeat all the contours.
If the model you bought does not have a frame, then you have to make it yourself. To create the foundation will need a brick, as well as sheets of plywood and timber. Elements of wood need to be impregnated with a water-repellent agent.
It is necessary to install the frame so that it is attached to the support. Such a support can serve as a bathroom wall. You can’t just fix the board on the structure. Thus, the load will go to the frame itself. The frame will very quickly fail.
At the corners of the bath you need to make racks. And put them on the sidewalls. The distance between the racks should not exceed half a meter. You should not make them big - the height should correspond to the height of the bath.
Installing a bath of acrylic is carried out according to the algorithm:
- laid out the base of the brick, which provides for the opening of the drain system;
- the frame of the timber is attached;
- in those places where there will be vertical racks, bars are installed;
- racks are laid out;
- the upper base is made - a sheet of plywood is put on it;
- the base of the brickwork is poured with a solution of cement;
- a bath is placed on the frame - it is set by level;
- in order for the cement mortar to take the shape of a bathtub, water is poured into it - in this state, everything is left until the mortar hardens;
- the frame decoration is made to hide the brick.
Made of cast iron
The most difficult to install bathtub made of cast iron. This is due to its considerable weight. There is no way for one to cope - even together its installation causes difficulties.
But the same weight that you complained about while you brought it into the room and installed, will serve as a guarantee of stability even without any support.
For proper installation, you must adhere to the following sequence of actions:
- the bath is turned on its side so that the drain hole faces the drain, and the bottom to the wall - in this position the siphon is easier to install;
- on the side that faces the ceiling, fix the legs;
- now you need to turn the design and attach the legs on the other side;
- then a bath should be installed - we expose the entire structure with a bias to the drain hole;
- move the bath close to the wall so that the gap thickness is minimal;
- with mounting foam, close the gaps;
- put the drain and fix the connection.
Without making much effort, fasten the bolted connection on the legs.
Often these baths and put on supports of bricks. There is nothing complicated about it. Anyone can handle it.
The base is laid out on the floor of brick. The bottom of the bath should rest on it. As a rule, the base is made solid, because the weight of the bath is not small.