A sedentary bath is most in demand in small apartments with small bathrooms. What model to choose? What standard sizes does our industry produce? We will talk about this below.
Sitting bathtub for small bathrooms
In the modern plumbing market - a wide selection of such products of different sizes and shapes, made of metal and high strength plastic. Here you can easily find what is right for your home interior.
Of course, going to the store will cost you a lot, so take this purchase very carefully:
- Decide on the place of its installation in your bathroom;
- make sure that the model you like fits all family members in its parameters;
- think over the color scheme of the bowl itself in accordance with the interior solutions of all rooms.
Important! Products of compact dimensions have a maximum length of not more than one meter. Their acquisition, as a rule, is caused by two reasons: the recommendation of doctors and the lack of space.
The usual preventive and therapeutic medical procedures are done in a sitting position.. In addition, small bathtubs help reduce water consumption.
Sitting Bath Options
Plumbers classify bathtubs of a sedentary type according to a number of signs:
- the form;
- material of manufacture;
- functionality and accessories.
Many are sure that this type of sanitary ware is suitable only for elderly and disabled people. Modern designers have long disproved this fallacy. These products look great in any stylish interior., providing complete comfort to both adults and children.
Standard bath sizes
Standard "sitting" samples have a minimum width of 0.7 meters, whereas in length, these compact specimens do not exceed 1 meter. In specialized retail outlets, various types of such bathtubs are presented in a dimensional assortment. Most often found:
- 1 m × 0.7 m;
- 1.2 m × 0.7 m;
- 1.5 m × 0.7 m;
- 1.2 m × 1.1 m.
It also happens that not everyone living in the "Khrushchev" is suitable for the parameters "mini" or "standard". Then it’s better to buy a fourth, more spacious version, which will provide comfortable conditions for everyone.
Giving preference to steel and cast-iron bathtubs, it is necessary to take into account their standards:
- normal size - 1 m 20 cm × 1 m 10 cm;
- compact - 1 m × 0.7 m;
- "standard" - 1 m 20 cm × 0.7 m; 1 m 50 cm × 0.7 m.
Acrylic version the most common: square with a side length of 1.2 m, 1.4 m or 1.5 m.
There are varieties of sedentary bathtubs using a variety of additional features. This makes them even more comfortable and convenient.
Among such devices:
- movable wall with door, which is closed at the entrance and opened, after draining the water (this is especially important for people with diseases of the musculoskeletal system);
- hydromassage system for a good rest;
- mounted aero massage equipment to improve well-being;
- lamps for decorative and special purposes for non-traditional forms of light and phototherapy;
- equipping with modern receivers or players to enjoy your favorite music tracks during water procedures and relax the nervous system;
- quick conversion to shower using protective curtains or special inserts to prevent moisture splashing in the room.
Small bathrooms cannot be imagined without sitting-type bathtubs.
Important! They are convenient for all family members, and especially for the elderly and the disabled.
The main thing is to choose the right model for you, and it will become a stylish decoration of your interior.