In the house of each person a special place is occupied by a bath. After all, this is not only a place for washing. Taking a bath, we can relax, distract from domestic problems. Therefore, the choice of plumbing is required to approach with full responsibility.
A modern buyer faces a difficult question: what material to buy a bath from? On sale are bowls from a variety of materials, for example, from artificial stone.
This is a fairly new material, so many do not know what features, advantages and disadvantages it has.
Features of artificial stone baths
Modern industry allows you to create artificial materials that are almost indistinguishable from natural. Therefore, a bowl made of artificial stone cannot be visually distinguished from a product made of natural materials. But the price and weight of such a product will be significantly lower than that of the original.
Stone chips are used for the production of baths: marble, granite, quartz, malachite. As fixing agents, various resins, a catalyst, plasticizers are added to the crumb.
Make the bowl by casting. The basis having a liquid consistence, is filled in in special forms. In her future bowl is aged for 24 hours. During this time, the material is completely frozen, thanks to its constituent catalysts.
Then the bowl is removed from the mold and placed in the oven, where the drying procedure takes place. After that, the bath is polished, and put on it a special protective composition.
Types of stone baths
The materials used for casting baths are divided into two types:
- Natural baby. For example, marble, with the addition of dyes, anchoring resins and catalysts.
- Quartz sand. This is the most inexpensive and affordable material for the production of plumbing. It is called acrylic stone. Products easier and cheaper than made from natural chips. Do not have high strength and long-term operation.
Products are classified by the type of natural chips:
- Marble. Bowls have a classic, luxurious look.
- Granite. It turns out durable product, not inferior in appearance to the bath of marble chips.
- Onyx. Bowls turn out to be unusual, original, because onyx is able to shimmer like Swarovski crystals. The indisputable advantage of such products is a wide color palette.
- Malachite. Tanks turn out unusual, stylish.
- Veneer. It looks very original - completely repeats the structure of natural wood.
- Sandstone. Beautiful natural material from which the legendary pyramids were built in Giza.
Reference! To create a unique, original bath, manufacturers mix several types of stone powder.
In addition, the baths can be divided into types according to the method of grinding the material:
- Chipped In this case, the edges are asymmetric.
- Polished. The surface is smooth, but a slight roughness is maintained.
- Polished The product is smooth, matte with a barely visible stone structure.
- Mirror. The bowl is glossy, and the pattern of the material is clearly distinguishable.
Pros and cons of baths made of artificial stone
Let's move on to the main characteristics of the product, its advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages are:
- Stylish design. Externally, the tanks successfully imitate natural stone, but, unlike him, the surface of the bowl at the bath of artificial stone is warm and smooth.
- Excellent thermal insulation. The bowl has rather thick walls, and the material retains heat well. Therefore, the water will be warm for a long time.
- Easy to care. You can clean the bath with any detergent. The resulting defect can be eliminated on its own: just apply a special paste, then carefully polish the damaged area.
- Resistance to mechanical stress. Stone is an extremely durable material, so it can withstand even the fall of heavy objects.
- Soundproofing. When filling the bath water will not "ring", falling on the surface of the bath.
- Security. The bowls are completely harmless to the human body.
Not without flaws. True, they are much smaller than those of products from other materials.
The disadvantages include:
- Weight. Even artificial stone has a considerable mass. Therefore, for the installation of such a product will require a lot of effort.
- Price. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to buy such a bath.
- Instability to the formation of stains. If dyes get onto the surface, you risk getting a stain that will ruin the entire look of the plumbing.
- Do not clean with substances with large abrasive particles. This will make the protective layer thinner. Therefore, use detergents in the form of a paste, gel, cream.
An artificial stone bath has undeniable advantages that outweigh the disadvantages. With proper maintenance plumbing will serve you for a long time, becoming a real decoration of the room.