Modern materials of which kitchen utensils are made, are designed to significantly facilitate the work of hostesses. But attention to the care they need special. After all, many of the compounds covering the dishes do not tolerate too aggressive detergents, temperature fluctuations and neighborhoods with scouring sponges.. And require special treatment. It was easier for our grandmothers - he poured the cast iron with water, waited, laundered. And we know that it is impossible to do this with modern dishes! Why? We are telling!
For which pans are poured
A common kitchen tradition is to pour water into a frying pan right after frying. And sometimes they also add detergent or soda and leave it in this form to "soak."
This is primarily due to the fact that in the process of cooking the products were excessively roasted and crusts formed on the bottom of leftover baked food. Removing them is not so easy. People's experience suggests: after they are soaked with water, it will be easier to do.
This method is not satisfactory. But often the hostess uses cold water for soaking. But this is not worth doing!
Why cold water is harmful to a hot pan
If you have on hand cast iron product, you can still fill it with water, not paying attention to its temperature.. No wonder cast iron quenched! He is after this temperature drops are not terrible. But it is better to pour warm fluid.
But for other materials, a sharp change in temperature is undesirable!
For modern products with non-stick coating, this action is destructive.
- Firstly, due to temperature fluctuations cold water will act on the heated bottom as a destroyer cover.
- Secondly, the added detergent does not clean, and spoil the surface of the dish due to the active substances that are overheated.
Teflon product it is strictly forbidden to pour cold water, even if you are in a hurry to wash it.
Important! Teflon coating does not withstand temperature changes and ordinary sponges, which only scratch the surface.
Be sure to wait for the metal to cool completely, and only then fill it with warm (room temperature), but not hot water.
It is very dangerous not only to fill the pan with water, but to immediately begin to wash it. As a result of this cleaning the product will lose any non-stick effect. And even when frying in butter, the food will start to stick to the bottom.
If you want to wash the Teflon pan, then be sure to wait until it cools down in natural conditions.
Important! If the pan is made of stainless steel, then it is allowed to fill with water and leave for 6-10 hours. Just do not need to scrape the burnt areas with a metal sponge, as it will scratch the surface.
The griddle of aluminum should be washed with cold water. But it is worth waiting for the metal to cool down after cooking.so that there is no sharp temperature drop. It will lead to deformation of the product.
How to wash pans
How to wash the device for frying, if you can not fill it with cold water?
There are several popular recipes that help to get rid of even the strongest pollution.
- If a Teflon surface heavily stained then it is recommended to take ordinary food baking powder, add a glass of warm water. Then you need to pour the mixture into the pan and boil. Then let it cool and wipe off dirt from the bottom with a soft sponge.
- Cast iron with fatty leftover food is easy to clean if let cool and pour detergent. And then add warm water. In this form, you need to leave the pan for half an hour and wipe off with a sponge.
- Burnt spots from the pan stainless steel easy to remove with salt. It is necessary to fill the pan with warm water, put to boil. Then remove from heat, add a couple of tablespoons of salt and leave the dishes to cool for a few hours with this solution. Then you can easily wipe off stains with a sponge.
These simple ways to preserve the quality of the appearance and performance of the pan. And so they will take care of a delicious dinner for you!