Recently, showers are very popular. But, despite this, the bath does not give up its position, because only lying in the fragrant foam you can fully relax and unwind.
Carrying out repairs, it is necessary to choose the right product that will meet all the parameters and wishes of family members.
On sale you can find bathtubs made of various materials. Despite this, cast iron is still in great demand. Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of products, you can understand the reason for their stable popularity. This will help in choosing the option that suits your bathroom.
Features of cast iron bathtubs
An important feature of cast-iron bathtubs is their long history, which steel and acrylic products cannot boast of.
According to some sources, their production was started in 1917 in Spain, where the Rock brothers founded their own factory. But information from other sources indicates that as early as the 17th century, the Lavelle boiler worker, who lived in France, established the production and sale of cast-iron bathtubs.
Such a long history suggests that cast iron products are in stable demand, which does not fall over time.
Pros and cons of cast iron bathtubs
A wide range of sanitary products is on sale. Many of them are made of modern materials that have high characteristics. But bowls made of cast iron do not lose popularity among buyers due to a number of advantages:
- Price. One of the main advantages is low cost in comparison with products from other materials.
- Durability. Cast iron is highly resistant to mechanical stress. To this it is worth adding the strength of the enamel, which covers the bowl. If you take plumbing with care, it will serve you for many years.
- Heat capacity. The material maintains the temperature of the water for a long time. In addition, such a bowl has thick walls. They accumulate heat, and then gradually give it back.
- Coating strength. Enamel is used to cover plumbing fixtures. It is highly resistant to mechanical and chemical effects, has a glossy surface. The color of the coating is bright, saturated. The absence of pores greatly facilitates the care of the bathroom.
- Weight. The bowl weighs more than 100 kg. This can be a nuisance. But you can also find advantages in this - such a mass gives the bowl stability, therefore, during installation it will not be necessary to take additional measures to strengthen the product on the floor of the room.
- Good soundproofing. Compared to a steel bowl, cast iron water is almost silently poured.
- Easy to care. The coating does not require the use of special detergents. A soapy solution or ordinary cleaning powder is sufficient.
Reference! To prevent the formation of limescale, the bowl must be washed and dried after each use!
The cast iron bath also has disadvantages:
- Weight. During transportation and installation, the mass of the bowl turns from a virtue into a disadvantage.
- Complex enamel coating restoration. With the formation of cracks and chips, it is quite difficult to eliminate defects on your own, so you have to use the services of professionals.
- Uniformity of forms. Cast iron can not boast of good ductility, so the bowls have only classic shapes: rectangular, oval, round.
Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of a cast-iron bath, you can easily choose the most suitable option. The main thing is that the product must be made of quality materials. Then, with proper handling, a cast-iron bath will serve you for many years.