Cast iron baths were and remain at the peak of popularity. This is a classic, recognized throughout the world. To wash it was comfortable, and the bathroom cozy, you must correctly select the dimensions of this type of plumbing - length, width and depth. In the article we will tell you what sizes and types of cast-iron bathtubs of domestic and foreign manufacturers are.
Dimensions of standard cast iron bath
Bathtubs are made of cast iron by casting in special molds, the manufacture of which is a laborious and expensive process. This explains the small variety of cast iron baths in configuration and size.. Finished castings are freed from the gate system, undergo mechanical processing and are prepared for enameling.
A special powder is sprayed onto the inner surface of the workpiece, which melts under the influence of high temperatures and turns into heavy-duty enamel. High-quality coating is one of the main characteristics of the product.
Bath models by installation method are:
Bowls most often have a rectangular shape with rounded corners. Modern production and new technologies make it possible to expand the range and size range. In recent years, bowls and other forms have appeared on the core market:
- angular - symmetric and asymmetrical.
Traditional rectangular models have the following standard dimensions in centimeters:
- Length - 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180;
- Width - 70, 75, 80, 85;
- depth - 35.0, 41.7, 43.7, 46.2, 50.0;
- height with legs - up to 60.
The most popular bathtubs are the following sizes: 160 × 70, 170 × 70, 170 × 75, 170 × 80 cm. In them, a person of any height can be washed with comfort.
In addition to standard models, there are other variants of cast iron baths:
- Extra compact or sessile. Their size is 100 × 60× 43 cm. The bottom of the model is made in the form of a seat. Such a bowl makes it possible to take water procedures for children, the elderly or short people, but it is not too convenient for a person with normal growth. This bath is good for giving or very small bathroom.
- Light models have a length of 120, 130, 140, 150 and a width of 70 cm. Such bathtubs are installed in the "Khrushchev", "small families", dormitories and other small-sized rooms. They are not particularly convenient, but as they say, "better than nothing."
- Medium models - 160× 70, 170× 70. These sizes already allow you to take a bath with comfort to a person of normal height.
- Large models - 180 × 85, 190 × 85. Some manufacturers produce cast-iron baths with a length of 200 cm.
- Oval and round bowls are installed separately on special resistant legs. They serve as a luxurious decor element and are suitable for any interior design, being not only a device for washing, but also an exclusive device for relaxation, as their design allows you to install hydromassage equipment.
- Some models of round tubs can accommodate two or more people. The sizes of such bathtubs are from 140 to 210 cm in diameter, so they are installed in large rooms.
- Rectangular and corner models are built into adjacent walls or in a special construction in the form of a pedestal.
- The angular shape most often represents a quarter of a circle and makes it possible to save space. Sizes of corner baths - from 120 × 120 to 180× 180 for symmetrical models and from 120 × 60 to 190× 170 for asymmetric.
High-tech production methods allow cast iron bathtubs with a thickness of 0.5 to 0.8 cm to be cast, which significantly reduces their weight without compromising strength. The mass of standard products varies from 80 to 120 kg and depends on the size.. Large baths can weigh from 150 kg and above.
Modern technologies make it possible to equip products with various functional parts - handles, head restraints, seats, holes for mortise mixers, anti-slip bottom, hydromassage and ergonomic bends.
The advantages of cast iron baths:
- high heat capacity - keeps water temperature for a long time;
- silent operation;
- large weight provides immobility and stability;
- does not sag and does not deform due to high rigidity;
- long term of operation;
- resistance to acid-base medium;
- environmental cleanliness and hygiene;
- unpretentious care.
Cons cast iron baths:
- heavy weight creates difficulties in transportation and installation;
- limited selection of models, shapes and sizes;
- brittleness of cast iron.
Differences of Russian producers from foreign
In the domestic market there are several major manufacturers of cast iron baths. The most famous of them are Novokuznetsk Universal and Kirovsky. They do not indulge consumers with a variety of forms and assortment. The sizes of bowls of domestic models are standard.
Here are some examples..
- Plant "Universal": bath "Grace" - 170× 70 × 41.7; "Eureka" - 170 × 75 × 46.2; "Nega" -150 × 70 × 43.5; "Classic" - 150 × 70 × 41.7; "Nostalgie" - 150 × 70 × 46.2; "Siberian" - 150 × 75 × 43.7; "Caprice" - 120 × 70×46,2.
- Models of the Kirov Plant: Silver Triumph - 170 × 75 × 42; Silver Humika - 170 × 75 × 42; Laguna Lux Silver - 150 ×70 × 44.5; Ress Silver 150 × 70 × 42; Prestige Silver - 150 × 70 × 42, Baby Silver - 120 × 70 × 44.
The advantage of "our" products is that their walls are thicker than foreign ones. This makes them tougher and more durable. They are much cheaper than foreign analogues and are quite competitive in the global market.
Foreign leading manufacturers of this type of sanitary ware - Roca, Kaldewei, Jacob Delafon, Oxame, Artex. The quality of cast iron products of these manufacturers is top notch. Some give a guarantee on their products 25-30 years.
Dimensions of bath models from reputable manufacturers
- The Spanish company Roca offers consumers the Continental, Malibu, HAITI bathtub line and the BANASEO seated line. Continental models differ from each other only in length. The width and shape of all the same. Length - 100, 120, 150, 160, 170 cm. Width - 70 cm. Depth 39 and 42 cm.
- In the Malibu lineup, the length is 150, 160, 170 cm, the width is 70 and 75 cm, the depth is 42 cm. The baby BANASEO has the following dimensions - 100 × 70 × 43.
- Jacob Delafon does not produce economy class seats or bathtubs. Parallel ruler - 170 × 70 × 45; 150 × 70 × 45. Soissons 170 × 70 × 40.3; 160 × 70 × 43; 150 × 70 × 40.3. Super REPOS 180 × 90 × 43.3.
- OXAME has closed, but products still remain in warehouses and stores. Produced large baths - 180 × 85 × 43.
- Artex is an Italian-Chinese company. It satisfies everyone with its assortment and size. The length of the models of this company is from 120 to 200 cm. Width - 70-75 cm. Depth - 42-43 cm.
As seen, there are no special differences in the sizes of imported and domestic cast-iron bathtubs, they all comply with generally accepted standards, except for the large models Artex and Jacob Delafon.
Imported products differ from domestic ones in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, colors and design decisions.. Vintage forms, decorative legs, inlay, prints and other delights will satisfy the tastes of the most demanding consumers. Comparing modern domestic and import, cardinal and tangible differences you will not notice. therefore you can safely buy your. When choosing the most important thing to remember that size matters.
How to choose the size of a cast iron bowl for your bathroom
The main characteristics are the dimensions of the bowl - length, width and depth. When choosing a bath, be sure to consider:
- the size of the bathroom;
- dimensions of the bath itself.
Having decided on the place of installation of the bowl and taking into account the location of the sewer drain, you must carefully measure the length of the tape measure tape, along which the bath will be installed. Measurement accuracy up to 0.5 cm.
We give an example. Let the result of measuring the length of the bathroom be 175 cm. In this case, you can buy a bath 170 cm. It will ideally fit from one wall to another.
If the measured length does not correspond to the standard bath size, select a smaller tank.. For example, the length of the wall is 173 cm, the size of the bath is 170 cm. If you make at least the slightest mistake in the measurement, then you will have to either take a heavy bath back to the store or shtrobit the wall, make a shelf or a side. The gap between the bowl and the wall should not be more than 5.0 cm.
Attention! The larger dimensions of the bath, so it is heavier. Filled with water, it has considerable weight. When buying a large model, you should consider whether the floors can withstand such a load. The width of the model is also chosen based on the size of the room and the preferences of the owners. If the family has people with "magnificent" forms, then it is better to buy a bath more spacious.
Selecting the depth of the bowl, family growth should be considered. A tall man in a low bath will remain "undeveloped," and a small man in a deep bowl risks going under the water with his head. Water will be splashed out of the low tank. A high bathtub will create difficulties for older people. The optimum depth is 40-46 cm.
Must remember! The water flow depends on the depth of the bowl, it matters if you have meters.
Along a short wall, if draining allows, you can install a small bath. This will significantly "save" the area and make it possible to accommodate a sink, washing machine, other equipment and furniture.
Important! When choosing the size of the bath should also take into account the number of storeys, the presence and size of the elevator, the width of the doorway.
A reasonable approach to the selection and installation of a bathtub made of cast iron allows you to use the space functionally, making the bathroom comfortable and beautiful, and the bathing process as comfortable as possible. With proper use and regular maintenance, the product will last you more than 25 years.