Recently, acrylic bathtubs are gaining popularity. This is because such plumbing products can be of various shapes. In addition, they are practical, environmentally friendly, have a beautiful appearance.
Acrylic is a type of plastic, therefore, it has poor resistance to mechanical stress.
If you decide to update the bathroom and opted for a plumbing acrylic product, then you need to know how to properly care for the bathroom so that the product lasts for many years.
General rules for the care of acrylic surfaces at home
Like any other type of plastic, acrylic does not tolerate mechanical stress - from a strong blow or when cleaning with abrasive detergents, scratches or chips can form on the surface of the product. Therefore, such a bath must be properly looked after.
In order for the bath to serve you for many years, follow a few simple recommendations:
- To prevent yellow plaque after each use, the bath should be rinsed with warm water and wiped dry with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- The bath must be washed and rinsed every day. To do this, it is necessary to soap the sponge with household soap and treat the entire surface, after which the soap solution must be washed off and the cup wiped dry.
- Be sure to clean the bath thoroughly every two weeks with detergents. The chemical composition must be applied to the surface and left for the time specified in the instructions. Then the product is washed off, and the bath is wiped with a cloth.
- Every six months, a bath disinfection is required. To do this, it must be filled with warm water and diluted in liquids with a special disinfectant. Having sustained the necessary time, the water should be drained, the bowl rinsed thoroughly, and the room ventilated.
- If chips or scratches form on the surface, they should be removed immediately to prevent further destruction of acrylic.
Acrylic bath detergents
You can eliminate limescale and yellowness using both special and folk remedies.
Shop cleaning products for acrylic bathtubs are represented by gels, sprays, creams. Their composition is specially designed for cleaning delicate surfaces. You can buy such substances in any household goods store. The most popular are:
- Acrylan. The tool is very popular among housewives. It not only quickly eliminates pollution, but also returns the original shine to acrylic.
- Cif. Universal remedy. There are no coarse particles in its composition, so they can be cleaned without fear.
- Cinderella. The drug is very effective in combating stains, but has a sharp chemical smell, so wear a respirator when using it.
If there are slight impurities on the bowl, then you can use liquid soap or dishwashing gel.
Reference! When cleaning an acrylic bathtub with a professional product, you will not only remove the formed dirt and yellowness, but also return the original color to the sanitary ware.
Tools at hand
If you don’t have the necessary store tools at hand, do not despair - you can use folk methods of cleaning an acrylic bath:
- Lemon acid. A real lifesaver in solving everyday problems. Dry acid in an amount of 50 g must be diluted in hot water pre-collected in the bath. The water temperature should be at least 50 degrees. The solution should be left until the lime deposit has dissolved. This can take several hours, after which the composition is washed off, the bowl is rinsed and wiped dry.
- Apple vinegar. It will help get rid of yellow plaque. To do this, first prepare a solution: Dissolve 20 g of vinegar in a glass of water. With this composition, you need to moisten a soft cloth and carefully process all the problem areas. After the procedure, the bath should also be rinsed and wiped.
- Baking soda. Mix the soda with water until a sour cream is obtained and apply the composition to the required places. No need to rub! After 15 minutes, rinse the soda, rinse the bath.
- Toothpaste. She is able to cope even with severe pollution. Put a small amount of paste on a soft cloth and treat the necessary areas. Rinse off the rest of the paste with running water, then wipe the surface dry.
Reference! Before you start cleaning the acrylic bath, apply a cleaning agent to a small area of the product. So you can check if the substance will damage the surface.
What you can not wash an acrylic bath
Some substances can damage acrylic, so do not use them to remove contaminants. These include:
- Acetone. The substance is an excellent solvent for plastic.
- Substances with abrasive particles. When cleaning with such compounds, deep scratches form on acrylic.
- Chlorine-containing compounds. Such tools also include Domestos, which is very popular in plumbing care. Chlorine corrodes acrylic, which leads to the formation of microcracks. This shortens the life of the bath.
Attention! Before buying a cleaning product, carefully read its composition. It should not contain substances that could harm the acrylic bath.
Care for your bathroom regularly and use only approved products. So you can not only maintain the pristine appearance of the product, but also extend its life.